This Jalapeno Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is perfect for Holiday season entertaining. Center it on a serving platter surrounded with crackers or toasted baguette for a visually stunning holiday appetizer. Whether it be football Sunday or Turkey Day itself, this is a delicious make-ahead party food that is so simple to prepare.
Inside is a creamy, cream cheese-based cheese ball flavored with a packet of Hidden Valley® Ranch Dip Mix.
I love having a box of these packets in my pantry and use them for everything from potato salad to chicken fingers to roasted potato wedges. There’s no easier way to add a ton of awesome flavor to your food.
Outside, the Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Cheese Ball is completely covered in finely chopped bacon, jalapeno, and green onion. So much flavor!
The cheese ball is super easy to shape using a piece of Glad Press’n Seal. It’s something I always have on hand in my kitchen. Not only is Glad Press’n Seal perfect for wrapping up all those Thanksgiving leftovers,but it’s great for rolling out pie dough, or to use as a protective barrier to keep your cookbook pages or I-pad from getting splatters while you cook.
I love that Glad Press’n Seal seals tightly to just about any surface, including food. Wrap the cheese ball tightly, and it will stay fresh and flavorful for at least several days in the refrigerator. So convenient during the busy holiday season.
Both Glad Press’n Seal and Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix can be purchased at Walmart, the one-stop destination for all your entertaining needs.
For me, cheese balls are a must for the Holidays. Because, who can resist cheese? Especially cheese that’s all dressed up and looking pretty. Cheese balls may be a little old-fashioned, but they are always a crowd pleaser.
For more holiday entertaining tips and recipes, be sure to check out www.walmart.com/holidayfavorites!
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1-ounce) package Hidden Valley® Ranch Dip Mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Hidden Valley, cheddar cheese, and half the jalapeno and half the green onion. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture in freezer for 20 minutes. (It will be easier to shape if it is firmer.)
- Shape mixture into a ball and place on a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal. Wrap the Glad Press 'n Seal around the cheese ball and use it to shape the ball more evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 2 days.
- Before serving, unwrap cheese ball and press it into a mixture of crumbled bacon, jalapeno, and green onion.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad & Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.