Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball is a great make ahead appetizer that is perfect for using up leftover Easter and Thanksgiving ham. Ham and pineapple make a great combination with the saltiness from the ham and sweetness of the pineapple. The whole cheese ball is covered in crunchy chopped pecans.
How To Make:
This Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball can be mixed together in about 5 minutes. It’s a simple mixture of cream cheese, a little cheddar cheese, seasoned salt, pineapple, and finely chopped ham.
Shape it into a ball and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Make sure it is wrapped well in plastic wrap. Then roll it in chopped pecans just before serving.
I love it spread on Wheat Thins but this cheese spread goes great with any cracker or even bagel or pita chips.
I’m a sucker for a salty, savory snack that has a little sweetness and this Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball really fits the bill.
To add a liitle heat to this recipe, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
If you don’t like nuts, you can roll the cheese ball in sliced green onions.
Try These Other Cheese Balls:
Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2/3 cup finely chopped ham
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, seasoned salt and pineapple until well mixed.
- Add ham and green onions and stir to combine.
- Place mixture on a piece of plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap up and use it to shape the mixture into a ball. Wrap the plastic wrap in a ball and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Before serving, roll cheese ball in the pecans. Serve with crackers.
More Cheese Appetizers
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.