Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball is a great make ahead appetizer that is perfect for using up leftover Easter and Thanksgiving ham. Ham and pineapple make a great combination with the saltiness from the ham and sweetness of the pineapple. The whole cheese ball is covered in crunchy chopped pecans.
This Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball can be mixed together in about 5 minutes. It’s a simple mixture of cream cheese, a little cheddar cheese, seasoned salt, pineapple, and finely chopped ham.
Shape it into a ball and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Make sure it is wrapped well in plastic wrap. Then roll it in chopped pecans just before serving.
I love it spread on Wheat Thins but this cheese spread goes great with any cracker or even bagel or pita chips.
I’m a sucker for a salty, savory snack that has a little sweetness and this Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball really fits the bill.
Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2/3 cup finely chopped ham
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, seasoned salt and pineapple until well mixed.
- Add ham and green onions and stir to combine.
- Place mixture on a piece of plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap up and use it to shape the mixture into a ball. Wrap the plastic wrap in a ball and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Before serving, roll cheese ball in the pecans. Serve with crackers.
More Cheese Appetizers
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.