A cheese ball is even better when it is a dessert cheese ball. This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball will be a hit at your holiday party. It’s super easy to put together a day or two or even three in advance. Set it out with graham crackers and let guests help themselves.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is even good served with pretzels if you like a combo of sweet and salty. If you like nuts, switch out all or half of the chocolate chips for chopped pecans or walnuts.
Only a few simple ingredients are needed. A combo of cream cheese and butter makes a creamy and rich base and brown sugar and powdered sugar give it plenty of sweetness. Just a little vanilla for flavoring and of course lots of chocolate chips. An electric quickly mixes everything together.
Chocolate Chip Cheeseball has all the taste of a cheesecake with none of the effort and is great for feeding a crowd.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the powdered sugar and brown sugar.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape it into a ball and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips and the 1/2 cup regular-sized chocolate chips on a plate. Roll cheese ball in them until fully covered. Serve with graham crackers.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Sweet Snacks
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
3 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball”
This looks amazing. I have a question though can I make this the night before? Or will it get hard?
I made it the night before and it was great.
Glad you enjoyed it Melinda!