Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers are the ultimate sweet and salty treat. Smooth milk chocolate on the outside covering 2 crispy, buttery crackers with the gooey caramel of a rolo sandwiched in between.
You will have a hard time eating just one.
Rolos are the perfect candy to stuff crackers with because they stay soft and gooey even after cooling. I’ve always like unwrapping these gold covered candies. Haven’t you?
Rolos taste great on their own, but they taste amazing when combined with the saltiness of crackers. Add some more chocolate into the mix and you have what is perhaps my all time favorite snack.
I melted chocolate chips (milk) with a little shortening (helps keep the chocolate from hardening as it cools) to create a chocolate coating- the same way I coat my Buckeye Balls.
You could also use chocolate bark.
Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers can be stored at room temperature once they firm up and will stay fresh in an airtight container for about a week.
They are perfect for an afterschool snack and make a great Christmas candy.
More Sweet and Salty Candy Recipes:
- White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Christmas Crack
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
- Potato Chip Clusters
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place 22 crackers on the baking sheet, bottom side facing up.
- Place a rolo on the center of each cracker.
- Place in oven for 5-6 minutes, until rolos are soft.
- Working quickly, Place second cracker on top of each one and lightly press down until rolo goes just to the edges. Let cool.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring continuously.
- One at a time, dip cracker sandwiches in melted chocolate and place back on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to firm up the chocolate.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.