Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers are the ultimate sweet and salty treat. Smooth milk chocolate on the outside covering 2 crispy, buttery crackers with the gooey caramel of a rolo sandwiched in between.
You will have a hard time eating just one.
Rolos are the perfect candy to stuff crackers with because they stay soft and gooey even after cooling. I’ve always like unwrapping these gold covered candies. Haven’t you?
Rolos taste great on their own, but they taste amazing when combined with the saltiness of crackers. Add some more chocolate into the mix and you have what is perhaps my all time favorite snack.
I melted chocolate chips (milk) with a little shortening (helps keep the chocolate from hardening as it cools) to create a chocolate coating- the same way I coat my Buckeye Balls.
You could also use chocolate bark.
Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers can be stored at room temperature once they firm up and will stay fresh in an airtight container for about a week.
They are perfect for an afterschool snack and make a great Christmas candy.
More Sweet and Salty Candy Recipes:
- White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Christmas Crack
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
- Potato Chip Clusters
Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers
- 44 Ritz Crackers or other buttery round crackers
- 22 rolos, unwrapped
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place 22 crackers on the baking sheet, bottom side facing up.
- Place a rolo on the center of each cracker.
- Place in oven for 5-6 minutes, until rolos are soft.
- Working quickly, Place second cracker on top of each one and lightly press down until rolo goes just to the edges. Let cool.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring continuously.
- One at a time, dip cracker sandwiches in melted chocolate and place back on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to firm up the chocolate.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
38 thoughts on “Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers”
Can i use semi sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate?
They look delicious . What kind of shortning do you use ??
I use Crisco Solid Vegetable Shortening. You can buy it in a can or in sticks.
These are easy, quick and delicious!
Made these for Christmas 2021 for my grandchildren.
I just made these and they turned out amazing. I added a cup of butterscotch chips with the milk chocolate. These will be a regular for Christmas time. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Dear Christin, These look fabulous! I love the idea of crackers rather than cookies..I wouldn’t be able to stop at just one! xo, Catherine
I just made these….they are DELICIOUS.
I’ve always had the ones with peanut butter in the middle. Will have to try Rolos next time!
The rolo is so good! 🙂
My mom used to make something similar when we were little, but hers had peanut butter. I love the idea of using Rolos! These look delicious; I can’t wait to try them!
Could definitely devour a couple of these stuffed ritz and rolo crackers right now.. they look SO good!
I can’t resist the salty sweet combination! Perfect for the holidays!
Love that sweet and salty combo! These are such a perfect little treat! 🙂
I’ve got a bag of mini Rolos that I intended to use but never did — this is perfect! Nothing like a sweet, salty treat!
Oh my word! These are definitely going on my Christmas baking list. I’ve tried them with peanut butter and dipped, but the Rolos definitely take it over the top for me!!! LOVE!
Now that my friend is fun! Woo-hoo. Can’t wait to try this for the holidays. Lovin’ it!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
These are super creative and look like such a tasty treat!