Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles are the ultimate sweet and salty snack. You get that awesome peanut butter/chocolate combination- aka the best flavor combination in the world! Plus the crunchy, salty goodness of a Bugle. I looooove how light and crispy bugles are.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles make a great holiday treat, New Year’s Eve snack or an after school snack and the kids will love to help make them. You can dress them up for the holidays by coating them in sprinkles after you dip them in chocolate. Elf Shoes!!
You can use candy melts instead of chocolate chips if you wish. The shortening is optional and just helps keep the chocolate a little softer once it sets. It’s not needed with the candy melts.
Be sure to store Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles in an air-tight container. Bugles tend to get stale really fast.
More Sweet and Salty Snacks
Watch the short video below to see how easy it is to make this sweet and salty snack!
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Sort through the Bugles, setting aside any that are flat and have no opening. Place all usable Bugles on the baking sheet.
- Using a hand held electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add a teaspoon or 2 of milk to thin.
- Place mixture in a zip-top bag and snip the corner or use a pastry bag with a round tip.
- Fill each bugle with peanut butter.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over low heat. The shortening can be added. It will help keep the chocolate a little softer when it sets up.
- Dip the wide end of each bugle in the chocolate and place of the wax paper to set up. Store in an airtight container once the chocolate is set.
Want to Save This Recipe?
You Might Also Like