Saltine Cracker Candy makes the perfect gift for the holidays. Candy making doesn’t get any easier than this! This easy toffee candy is covered in chocolate and pecans and it is positively addicting. You might also know it as Christmas Crack and the name suits it well.
The only ingredients you need to make this sweet treat are Saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips, plus pecans if you want to use them.
The crackers give it a fabulous light and crunchy texture.
Just lay the crackers in a single layer in a jelly roll pan lined with aluminum foil. Melt the butter with the brown sugar in a saucepan. Pour it over the crackers. Bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and place the pan back in the oven for a minute or two to melt the chocolate chips. Then spread the chocolate in a nice, smooth layer and sprinkle on the pecans.
Chill for a few hours and then break into pieces. That’s the fun part. Along with eating it. 🙂
You can leave off the nuts. Or try decorating them with crushed candy canes or red and green M&M’s for a festive holiday look.
Get ready for this stuff to disappear. Saltine Cracker Candy is so rich and buttery. It just melts in your mouth!
Saltine Cracker Candy is an easy toffee candy covered in chocolate and pecans and it is positively addicting. You might also know it as Christmas Crack and the name suits it well.
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Lay crackers evenly over foil, salted side up.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a simmer over medium heat. While the butter is melting, stir frequently to mix evenly. Once mixture simmers, let simmer without stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour evenly over crackers.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Return pan to oven for 30 seconds to help melt the chips.
- Use a spatula or knife to spread melted chocolate evenly.
- Sprinkle pecans on top. Cover with aluminum foil so that foil doesn't touch and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Break into pieces.
More Christmas Favorites