No thermometer needed to make these delicious Microwave Pralines. The microwave makes praline-making simple and fullproof. In only 12 minutes you have pecan pralines that taste as good as the ones bought in the French Quarter.
These Pecan Microwave Pralines are super sweet and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. They are so buttery and good and only a few ingredients are needed.
This hands-off recipe is so convenient. No need to stand over a hot stove.
Tips for making Microwave Pralines
- Different microwaves may require different cooking time. Cooking times given are an estimate. You may find you need to microwave for a shorter or longer time.
- Use a large bowl. The mixture will boil up some and you don’t want it to overflow.
- When you stir the mixture, it should begin to change color and start to look creamy. It will also thicken. If not, it needs to be microwaved longer. Return it to the microwave for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Be very careful when removing the bowl from the microwave. It will be very hot.
- You must scoop the pralines out onto the baking sheet very quickly. The mixture will start to thicken and harden rapidly.
Microwave Pralines make a wonderful holiday gift!
More Candy Recipes
- Chocolate Caramel Cracker Candy
- Bourbon Graham Cracker Candy
- Old-Fashioned Potato Candy
- Martha Washington Candy
- Saltine Cracker Candy
- 1 (16-ounce)-box light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces so it will melt faster
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Combine the brown sugar and heavy cream in a large microwave-safe bowl and stir well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- Add butter and stir it in to melt it.
- Microwave on HIGH for another 5 minutes. Stir in pecans, vanilla, and salt.
- Very quickly drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: adapted from River Road Recipes IV
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
62 thoughts on “Microwave Pralines”
Probably less butter will make these crunch and not chewy.
The first time I made these I went by the recipe directions and I think my microwave was too hot, cuz it wouldn’t scoop for anything. I dumped it into a square pan, and we ate it in scoops. I just finished and cut back one minute on the second “cook” and they are perfect! This is definitely going to be on a regular list of treats!
I’m from NO LA. I know pralines. These are easy and taste great! Just spoon ASAP stir In pecans and stir then spoon out.
Made these, and everyone loved them. This will be my go to recipe from now on.
Easy and quick always a plus!
I won’t ever make Christmas Candy on the stove! Perfect!!
They really taste great… however, mine did not turn out well. Maybe my microwave isn’t hot enough. They stuck to the wax paper and I could not get the paper off. I did something wrong… but, will make again. They tasted great even with wax paper.
I will adjust the second microwave time to 4 minutes. I think my microwave is too hot. Anyway, they are delicious, but they set up before I could scoop them on the waxed paper so I dumped it into a 9×9 pan and will cut into squares. Absolutely delicious! This recipe is a keeper! So easy and so good!
Our absolute favorite….EXCELLENT