Chocolate Caramel Cracker Candy is a layered candy made with club crackers and a sugary caramel sauce with chocolate on top. This easy no-bake dessert tastes like a twix bar. Whether it is for a bake sale or a holiday treat, this sweet and salty candy is hard to resist.
Chocolate Caramel Cracker Candy is very similar to Graham Cracker Candy or Saltine Candy, except instead of being made in a single layer, this candy has 3 layers with a buttery, sugary caramel layer in between and a thick layer of chocolate on top.
You’ll need some Keebler Club Crackers which should be easy to find, and incidentally taste fantastic with pimento cheese or homemade chicken salad.
A mixture of sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter is poured between the layers. Once assembled and chilled the caramel mixture firms up but still stays soft enough to easily bite into. A layer of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips on top finishes this candy off. It tastes so wonderfully sweet and the crunchy crackers make this homemade candy a real crowd pleaser.
Recipes Similar to Chocolate Caramel Cracker Candy
- Saltine Cracker Candy
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams
- Bourbon Graham Cracker Candy
- Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers
Chocolate Caramel Cracker Bars
- Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Layer 1/3 of the crackers in the bottom of the pan in a single layer. You may have to break some of the crackers, but you want to make sure the entire bottom of the pan is covered with a single layer of crackers.
- In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil. Cook and stir for 7 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 of mixture over crackers, using a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Do 2 more layers of crackers and butter mixture. Note: You will finish with the butter mixture.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top. Let them sit for 2 to 3 minutes to melt and then carefully spread them out into a smooth, even layer of chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Cut into rectangles, about 3x1-inch each.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.