Ritz Cracker Toffee- this easy homemade candy is wonderfully addictive and so easy to make.
I love to make it for the holidays. It is a fantastic addition to the cookie tray and is a much appreciated sweet treat at holiday potlucks. The saltiness of the crackers pairs wonderfully with the ultra sweet brown sugar toffee mixture.
Ritz Cracker Candy is very similar to Saltine Cracker Candy but I think the buttery flavor of Ritz crackers makes this version taste even better.
Ingredients Needed For Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Ritz Crackers– you will place them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. You will probably use about 40 crackers.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Salted Butter
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Toffee Bits– a few toffee bits sprinkled on top adds even more buttery toffee flavor.
The butter and brown sugar form a wonderfully sweet and rich coating for the crackers.
Milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips can be used instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
To make the toffee look a little more festive for the holidays, you can sprinkle on some red and green sprinkles or some red and green mini M&M’s.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 5 to 7 days or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
More Easy Candy Recipes
- Bourbon Balls
- White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Christmas Crack
- Buckeye Balls
- Martha Washington Candy
- Old-Fashioned Potato Candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Arrange Ritz crackers in a single layer.You will use approximately 40 to 46 crackers.
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally until melted. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not stir during this time.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over crackers.Bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Return to oven for 1 minute.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the melted chocolate chips into a smooth layer.Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Break into pieces and serve.