Cream Cheese Mints have to be the easiest holiday candy you can possibly make. And no one can resist their minty fresh, delicate texture. Only a few simple ingredients are needed: cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and peppermint extract.
I like to add a little food coloring to make them look seasonal, but there’s no need to add it. They’re beautiful in their natural color too.
They are perfect not only for Christmas, but Easter, Valentine’s Day, a wedding, you name it.
To shape them I use a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. The mixture is a little on the thick side so prepare to get a forearm work out piping them all out. Instead of using a pastry bag you could shape them into small balls and press them flat with a fork so that they have lines across the top.
I love how small and delicate these mints are and that you can have one or two to satisfy your sweet tooth and not feel like you have over-indulged. 🙂
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Cream Cheese Mints
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 7 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 to 4 drops food coloring, optional
- Place cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in peppermint extract.
- Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Add remaining powdered sugar 2 cups at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in food coloring if using.
- Transfer to a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Pipe onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Let sit on counter for 1 hour and then place in freezer to harden.