Bacon Cheese Ball Bites – these creamy mini cheese balls have 3 types of cheese and a bacon and pecan coating. Stick a pretzel in each one and serve with crackers and they make a great party food.
Ingredients Needed For Bacon Cheese Ball Bites
- Cream Cheese– be sure it is really soft so that you can easily mix everything together.
- Cheddar Cheese– I use sharp cheddar. I like to buy a block of cheddar and grate it myself. It has a much fresher flavor than preshredded cheese.
- Roquefort Cheese– a little blue cheese adds another dimension of flavor. Can be left out if you don’t like it.
- Onion– Grate it or very finely mince it so that it blends in well. Two sliced green onions can be used instead.
- Worcestershire Sauce– adds a little saltiness.
- Garlic Powder– 1 fresh minced garlic clove can be used instead.
- Bacon Bits– cooked and crumbled fresh bacon can be used instead.
- Pretzel Sticks for serving.
Instead of making this recipe into mini cheese balls, you can form 1 large cheese ball with it.
Can be made a day in advance. Place them in an airtight container, and separate them with wax paper.
For best flavor, toast the pecans. To toast them, place them in a nonstick skillet and place over medium heat until fragrant, being careful not to burn them.
Serve with crackers. Ritz crackers, Club crackers and pretzel crackers are all good choices. For a low carb appetizer, serve with cucumber slices.
Try These Other Amazing Cheese Ball Recipes
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball– this retro cocoktail party favorite is always a winner.
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball– this dessert cheese ball tastes great with graham crackers.
- Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball– perfect for using up leftover Easter ham.
- Jalapeno Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball– has a nice spicy kick.
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3-ounce) package bacon bits
- pretzel sticks
- Place pecans in a nonstick pan and set over medium heat. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, just until they get fragrant. Let cool.
- Place cream cheese, cheddar cheese, roquefort cheese, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Use wooden spoon or electric mixer to mix until evenly combined.
- Shape into small 1-inch balls. You should get about 18.
- Combine bacon bits and toasted pecans in a bowl. Coat the cheese balls in bacon/pecan mixture.
- Place in a tubberware container, placing a sheet or wax or parchment paper bewteen layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- To serve, stick a pretzel into each one.