Southern Hot Honey Butter Corn is simmered in a milk, butter, and honey mixture with red pepper flakes and Cajun seasoning. Sweet and spicy, this is the perfect summer corn recipe.
This quick and easy recipe only takes about 15 minutes start to finish. It’s similar to my ultra popular The Best Way to Cook Corn on the Cob Recipe which has been viewed over 4 million times.
The combination of sweet and spicy in this recipe really works. The honey and the milk bring out the natural sweetness in the corn and the red pepper flakes and cajun seasoning give the corn a nice spicy kick
SOUTHERN HOT HONEY BUTTER CORN RECIPE TIPS:
The cook time will vary based on whether you like your corn crunchy or very soft. I like mine to still have a little crunch.
Southern cooks don’t like to waste anything. Save the leftover cooking liquid. You can freeze it and add it to soups for flavor. It goes really well with any cream based soup or chowder.
You may find that the corn has plenty of flavor right out of the milk/butter bath, but you may want to sprinkle it with a little salt and pepper. For extra heat, sprinkle with more red pepper flakes before serving.
I like to use Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. Creole and cajun seasonings are very, very similar.
This corn goes great with grilled chicken, burgers, and barbecue.
Try These Other Amazing Corn Recipes:
- Corn Maque Choux
- Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- Spicy Bacon Wrapped Corn
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Corn
Southern Hot Honey Butter Corn
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut in half
- Bring water to a simmer in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add milk, butter, honey, red pepper flakes, and cajun seasoning.
- Add corn. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove corn with tongs.If desired, brush corn with butter and season with salt, pepper, more red pepper flakes and Cajun seasoning.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
1 thought on “Southern Hot Honey Butter Corn”
A delicious subtle heat. We picked up some fresh sweet corn and was just the perfect a pairing with our grilled filet mignon. Definitely making again.