Spicy Bacon Wrapped Corn is one of my favorite ways to enjoy fresh summer corn. Fresh corn cobs are brushed with a mixture of melted butter and crushed red pepper flakes wrapped in bacon and roasted until the bacon is crispy.
The bacon gives the corn a wonderful smoky saltiness. We all know that everything is better than bacon. This corn is a must for a cookout or bbq. It goes great with burgers, hot dogs, bbq chicken, you name it.
I like to roast this corn in the oven instead of grilling it, but you can grill it. Just be prepared for bacon grease to cause flare-ups.
Tips for making Bacon Wrapped Corn:
- Do not use thick-cut bacon. It will not crisp up fast enough.
- Corn is at its sweetest the day it is picked. For best flavor, buy some at the farmers market and cook it that day.
- When wrapping the corn, don’t pull the corn tightly. Just loosely wrap it. It will shrink as it cooks.
- If you don’t want the corn to be spicy, leave out the crushed red pepper flakes. If you want it extra spicy, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
More Corn Recipes:
- Crock Pot Jalapeno Creamed Corn
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Corn
- Flamin Hot Cheetos Corn on the Cob
- Best Way to Cook Corn on the Cob
Spicy Bacon Wrapped Corn
- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine melted butter and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush corn with butter mixture.
- Loosely wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each piece of corn. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, turning corn over halfway through.