Chipotle Corn Salad is full of fresh summer corn, bacon, poblano peppers, and red bell pepper all tossed in a spicy, smoky sour cream and ranch dressing.
This yummy summer side dish has a little southwestern flavor. You can serve it as a side dish or with tortilla chips as a cold dip. I love a good corn salad. They are so tasty and versatile. Scroll down for more corn salad recipes.
WHAT ARE CHIPOTLE PEPPERS?
They are smoked dried red jalapeno peppers. The adobo sauce is a mix of tomato puree, vinegar, garlic, and spices. You can find them in the Latin section of the grocery store. They come in small cans. Whatever is leftover in the can can be stored in the refrigerator for a few weeks or can be transfered to a freezer bag and frozen for 2 to 3 months.
CHIPOTLE CORN SALAD
The corn and poblano peppers are grilled to really bring out their flavor. Once the peppers are fully grilled (the skin should be mostly black and they should be somewhat soft), place them in a plastic bag for 5 minutes. This makes the skin really easy to peel off.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THIS RECIPE?
This recipe ie easily customizable.
- Leave out the bacon to make it vegetarain.
- Add black beans or diced avocado.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh cilantro on top before serving.
The dressing can be made a day or two in advance.
Use yellow, white, or bi-color corn.
Peeling the skin off the peppers can be really messy. Try using a paper towel to rub it off.
The chipotle peppers are hotter than the adobo sauce, so go heavy on the peppers and lighter on the sauce if you want more heat and light on the peppers and heavier on the sauce if you want less heat.
Leftovers will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Goes great with anything from burgers to grilled chicken and tacos or serve with chips as an appetizer.
Try These Other Corn Salad Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- Frito Corn Salad
- Grilled Zucchini-Corn Salad
- Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad
- Blueberry, Corn, and Feta Salad
Chipotle Corn Salad
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 6 ears corn
- olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Stir together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.Can be made 24 hours in advance.
- Remove the husks and silk from the corn. Drizzle corn with olive oil. Grill corn for 10 to 15 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Place the poblano peppers on the grill and grill until skin is black in spots on all sides.
- Remove corn from grill and let cool. When cool, cut kernels from the cob and place in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.Remove peppers from grill and place in a plastic ziptop bag for 5 minutes. Remove peppers from bag. Scrape the skin off. Cut them open, discard the seeds and dice the peppers. Add diced peppers to bowl with corn.
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet until crispy. Let cool and then crumble the bacon.
- Add bell pepper and green onions to bowl with corn. Add bacon.Add dressing to bowl and stir to mix everything. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.