Grilled Zucchini and corn tossed with a lime-honey dressing and sprinkled with feta cheese pairs great with any grilled meat. It’s simple to toss together and is full of fresh, summer flavor. The honey and lime balance each other well and contribute a little sweetness and a little acidity.
Add in the saltiness of feta cheese and a touch of fresh thyme and you have yourself a winning summer side.
Summer will be over soon so I wanted to go ahead and get my last zucchini recipe posted. School started back for my kids today and once that happens it starts to feel like summer is over even though it isn’t technically. It won’t be long before apple and pumpkin recipes are everywhere.
It’s been a busy week and I’ve just returned from spending a few days in Asheville, NC at Food Blog Forum. Have you ever been to Asheville? It’s such a lovely place, especially Biltmore Estate. Look at this fabulous view. This picture was taken from an outdoor venue on the estate where we had a fabulous dinner catered by Biltmore chefs.
- 3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick planks
- 3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Drizzle zucchini and corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place corn and zucchini on grill, turning about every 4 minutes to get evenly charred.
- Remove corn and zucchini from grill. Cut the kernels from the corn and place in a large bowl. Cut the zucchini into bite-sized pieces and place in bowl with corn.
- In a small bowl mix together lime juice, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Pour dressing over corn and zucchini. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Can be served warm, room temperature, or chilled.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.