Blueberry, Corn and Feta Salad is a healthy, light and refreshing summer salad. Tossed in a light honey lime dressing, this unique salad makes a great side for a cookout.
Corn and blueberries may not be a combination that comes to mind readily, but the sweetness of each really combine to make a delicious salad. Add in some salty feta cheese and you have a fabulous flavor combination.
This salad tastes so good with grilled steak or chicken. You could even add some grilled shrimp to this Blueberry, Corn and Feta Salad and make it a main dish. Perfect for a light summer meal!
Any way you serve it, it’s a light and refreshing salad with gorgeous pops of color. You will definitely want to give this recipe a try while corn and blueberries are in season.
I like to grill the corn for this recipe. Gently pull the husks back, remove the silk, and then pull the husks back to their regular position. Soak the corn in water for a good 20 minutes. Then grill covered for about 20 minutes.
Instead of grilling the corn, you could boil it if you wish. 8-10 minutes is plenty of time. Once the corn cools, cut the kernels from the cob and combine with the other ingredients.
I like to add a jalapeno for a little heat, but you could leave it out. This salad would also be great with goat cheese instead of feta. Cotija cheese would work wonderfully along with chopped fresh cilantro.
More Summer Salads:
Blueberry, Corn and Feta Salad
- 8 ears sweet corn
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Carefully pull back corn husks and remove the silks. Pull corn husks back. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Let soak 20 minutes.Grill corn, covered, for about 20 minutes over medium heat, turning occasionally.
- Let corn cool and then cut kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl.
- Add blueberries, feta cheese, green onions, and jalapeno to bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, honey, a pinch of salt and about 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to mix.