Pineapple Pretzel Fluff is so cool and creamy with salty, crunchy bits of pretzel mixed in. It is the ultimate sweet and salty treat.
This is a really easy recipe to make for a potluck, picnic, or cookout. It can be served as a dessert or a sweet side dish. Everyone will ask you for the recipe.
The pretzel pieces are what make this fluff dessert so divine. They are baked with lots of butter and sugar. You get buttery, salty, and sweet in every bite.
How To Make Pineapple Pretzel Fluff:
- Stir together the pretzel pieces, melted butter, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 7 minutes. Let cool and then break apart into pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in a drained can of crushed pineapple and a 12-ounce container of Cool Whip. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Mix the pretzel pieces in just before serving so that they stay crunchy.
Tips For Making:
- 12 ouce containers of Cool Whip can be hard to find. You can use one full 8-ounce container plus half of a second 8-ounce container. Or buy a 16-ounce container and use 3/4 of it.
- Mix the pretzel pieces in last minute to keep them crisp and crunchy. If you have leftovers, the pretzel pieces will get a little soft, but it will still taste really good.
More Dessert Salads To Try:
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pretzel pieces, butter, and 1/2 cup sugar. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan. Press down gently on it and spread it out some. It does not need to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, use a hand-held mixer to beat cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in Pineapple and Cool Whip. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, crumble the pretzel mixture and mix into pineapple mixture. I like to reserve some of it to sprinkle on top.