A bright and healthy summer salad of roasted corn and edamame tossed in a creamy but light mayonnaise-based dressing.
I’ve discovered my new favorite way to cook corn and how on earth it took me so many years to discover it is beyond me. It’s so simple, so easy, and results in the sweetest, most delicious corn. How is it done you ask? Just plain and simple roasting in the oven– husk, silk, cob and all. You may have known about this fabulous way of cooking corn all along and my only question is- Why didn’t you tell me?!
The husks help keep the corn from drying out and no flavor is lost as it is when you cook corn in a pot of water. But my favorite part– once cooked, the husks and corn silk separate much more easily than they do with an uncooked cob of corn.
Shucking corn is not my favorite thing to do. Just heat the oven to 350 degrees and place the corn on a baking sheet (or directly on the oven rack- doesn’t really matter) for about 30 minutes. Let cool some before you shuck. Delicious.
After I had my corn cooked and shucked, I used a serrated knife to cut it from the cob. For the best flavor, you don’t want to cut too, too close to the cob. I then mixed it together with some edamame for a gorgeous and healthy summer salad. A simple dressing of mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, garlic and oil gives the vegetables a light coating and just a touch of creaminess. Some red bell pepper, onion, and fresh basil add additional flavor.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 4 ears of corn, with husks on
- 1 1/2 cups frozen edamame
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place corn, husks and all on a sheet pan and place in oven for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove husks and silk. Using a serrated knife cut kernels from cob and place in a large bowl.
- Cook edamame according to package directions. Drain and let cool. Add to corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Pour dressing over corn/edamame. Toss to coat. Stir in red bell pepper, red onion, and basil.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Summer Salads
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.