Marinated Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad is a crunchy, tangy side with lots of Parmesan cheese and salty, smoky bacon.
This marinated salad is a great make-ahead recipe. Perfect for a potluck or large gathering. The veggies will soften up as it marinates and really take on the flavors in the dressing. You want to make this recipe at least 2 hours in advance. It will keep for about 4 days in the refrigerator.
Makes a great summer side for burgers or bbq, but can be eaten any time of year. I also like it as a side for an Italian meal.
The dressing for this marinated salad is so easy and wonderfully tangy. Just combine a small 8-ounce bottle of Italian dressing with 1 cup of mayonnaise and 3/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Whisk together until smooth.
The brand of Italian dressing that you use can really alter the flavor so choose an Italian dressing that you really like the flavor of. If your bottle is more than 8 ounces, measure out 1 cup of dressing.
The variations on this recipe are endless. Use all broccoli or all cauliflower. Add thinly sliced red bell pepper, diced celery, or halved cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds or walnuts. Add some feta cheese. Sliced carrots can be used instead of shredded carrots. Leave out the bacon to make it vegetarian.
Marinated Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Recipe Tip
The smaller you cut the broccoli and cauliflower, the easier it will be to eat. Wait to add the bacon just before serving.
How To Make Spicy
If you want to add a little spice to this recipe, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Tex-Mex Cobb Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
- Sweet and Tangy Four Bean Salad
- Carrot Raisin Salad
- Broccoli Strawberry Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Tahini Dressing
Marinated Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, red onion, and carrots. Stir to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.