Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad has layer after layer of fresh ingredients topped with a delicious creamy dressing and salty, crispy bacon pieces. There’s so much flavor in this salad!
Best served in a trifle dish or large glass bowl for visual impact. If you prefer, you can make it in a 9×13-inch pan. You sacrifice a little in presentation but then you don’t have to do all the digging to get all the ingredients.
This recipe can be made ahead of time and makes a great potluck dish because it serves a lot of people.
This salad combines all my favorite fresh vegetables, plus bacon, chicken, hard-boiled egg, and cheese into one tasty salad. The layers create a wonderful rainbow of colors.
A creamy Ranch dressing tops the salad off. You can use store-bought or make a homemade dressing.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad Recipe Tips
- The ingredients you use are totally customizable. I like to use red bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, shredded red cabbage, corn, red onion, and avocados. Cauliflower, broccoli, peas, and radishes are also great choices and black beans go well with this salad too.
- Leftover turkey or ham can be used instead of chicken.
- Green onions can be used instead of red onion. A great tip to tame a really strong red onion is to dice the onion and place in a bowl of ice water for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain well. They will be really crispy and much milder in flavor.
- Can be made up to 24 hours in advance, but if making more than a few hours ahead of time, you may want to add the avocado just before serving so it doesn’t turn brown.
Try These Other Amazing Layer Salads
- Seven Layer Salad– such a classic!
- Italian Layered Salad– with pepperoncini peppers and a creamy Italian dressing.
- Barbecue-Ranch Cornbread Salad
- Layered Taco Salad
- 8 cups chopped green leaf or Romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup Ranch dressing, homemade or store bought
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Make layers in a trifle bowl or large glass bowl starting with lettuce, then red bell pepper, cucumber, half the cheddar cheese, the chicken, corn, red onion, and avocado.
- Spread the dressing on top of the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheddar cheese
- Pile the bacon on top and surround with egg slices.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.