Sweet and Tangy Four Bean Salad is an old-fashioned potluck favorite that you probably remember your grandmother making. Beans, celery, red onion, and pimentos are marinated in a sweet and tangy dressing.
Sweet and Tangy Four Bean Salad is best made a day or two or even three in advance so it’s the perfect make-ahead potluck offering and it is great for family gatherings.
Serve chilled or at room temperature. It makes a great side for hot dogs, burgers, or barbecued chicken.
I use kidney beans, green beans, wax beans, and garbanzo beans, but you can switch the beans up. Navy beans, black beans, or black-eyed peas would be good and even edamame will work in this recipe.
Sweet and Tangy Four Bean Salad is full of beans, celery, onions, and pimentos all marinated in a sweet and tangy dressing.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
Add remaining ingredients, except green onions. Stir. Cover and refrigerate for 8 to 48 hours.
Garnish with green onion.