Marinated Tomatoes are made with juicy, ripe tomatoes marinated in a red wine vinegar-based marinade. They are so delicious! Paired with fried chicken, burgers, or any summer meal, they make a healthy, tasty side.
There’s nothing like a home-grown summer tomato. I could eat them every single day during the summer.
Summers should be full of simple, easy recipes like this Marinated Tomatoes recipe. The summer months are for rest, relaxation, and enjoying family, not slaving around in the kitchen.
Quick and Easy To Prep
These Marinated Tomatoes only take minutes to prep and then they just hang out in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them. They only get better with time. And they’re so good, you may just want to eat them as a snack.
Ripe Summer Tomatoes
You want good quality ripe tomatoes for this recipe. I recommend using home-grown tomatoes or purchasing them at a farmers market or road side stand. Leave them at room temperature until you are ready to use them. If they are not quite fully ripe, you can place them in a paper bag to speed the ripening process.
These tomatoes will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
These tomatoes are summer in a bowl!
More Tomato Recipes
- Tomato Pie Recipe
- Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Chopped Salad– full of feta cheese, red onion, and dill in a creamy mayo-based dressing.
- Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad– tossed in a creamy dressing made from mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, and fresh dill.
- Tomato Cracker Salad– a simple southern dish that is a must for summer.
- Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad
- Tomato Tuna Melt
- Tomato Pie with Bacon
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning, Zatarain’s
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in a medium bowl. Whisk well.
- Pour into a large ziptop bag.
- Add tomatoes. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted July 16, 2017.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
2 thoughts on “Marinated Tomatoes”
Christin, took the time tonight to print several recipes that I look forward to trying.
Just wanted to say “thank you for sharing.” I enjoy your blog.
So happy you enjoy the blog Shelby. Hope you get to try lots of recipes! 🙂