Strawberry Fields Salad with juicy fresh strawberries, feta cheese, red onion, dried cranberries, bacon, grilled chicken, glazed pecans, and a sweet and tangy dressing is bursting with flavor. This is such a great salad for spring!
Sweet, Salty, and A Little Spicy
There’s sweetness from the strawberries, glazed pecans, and dressing, plus lots of saltiness from the feta cheese and bacon. The sweetness is balanced with plenty of tartness from the dressing and a little spiciness from the glazed pecans.
Fresh and juicy local strawberries are everywhere this time of year and since they are available for only a short time, I think it is best to try and eat them everyday.
Besides smoothies, salads are my favorite way to use up excess strawberries. I find that really ripe strawberries are so juicy, I only want a little drizzle of salad dressing with them.
Tips For Making Strawberry Fields Salad
This salad is totally customizable. You can use romaine lettuce instead of mixed greens or blue cheese instead of feta.
Use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken instead of grilled.
Shrimp are a great choice if you don’t want to use chicken.
To simplify things, use store-bought glazed pecans.
I add in some grilled chicken when I want to make a main dish out of this salad and leave it out when I am serving Strawberry Fields Salad with something else.
Try These Other Great Salad Recipes
- Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad
- Southern Cobb Salad
- Southern Shrimp Salad
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Tex-Mex Cobb Salad
- Italian Layered Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
For more delicious recipes and food, be sure to follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Instagram.
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Strawberry Fields Salad
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed greens
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, recipe below
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients except oil. Gradually whisk in oil.
- To make pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar, salt, and both peppers to a boil. Add pecans and stir for 30 seconds to coat well. Transfer to a baking sheet greased with butter. Bake 12-14 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together greens, strawberries, onion, cranberries, feta cheese, chicken, bacon, and pecans.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published April 29, 2015
30 thoughts on “Strawberry Fields Salad”
I’m confused about the pecans. Are you supposed to glaze 1 1/2 cups of them but only put 1/2 cup on the salad?
Delicious taste and looks very appealing.
The pecans added it over the top.
We really really enjoyed it.
Was a big hit with the family, delicious, quick, and easy! Love this one!
I’ve been using his recipe for years and it’s always a crowd pleaser!
Great I made it with no meat and it was perfect!!!!
This was sooo good. All the ingredients worked harmoniously, esp. the berries and goat cheese.
Can you use less olive oil or can you something else instead of the olive oil?
wow! there’s so much happening here! All of the flavors and textures are so enticing. Than ks!!!
Hello, Can I use another cheese besides the feta? I am alergic.
You can use any kind of cheese that you like.