Dorito Taco Salad has taco-seasoned ground beef, chopped iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, pinto beans, cheese, and a crunch in every bite from lots of crushed Dorito chips. This is a meal the whole family will enjoy and it’s perfect for the summer months when you want a filling meal without having to turn the oven on.
What I love about this Dorito Taco Salad is it has so much flavor in every bite. Lots of meatiness, saltiness, and the Catalina dressing that gets mixed in is both sweet and tangy. Nacho Doritos are what I usually use, but Cool Ranch Doritos work well too.
This salad is totally customizable. The only musts in my opinion are the taco-seasoned ground beef (but you could use ground turkey), the Doritos, and the Catalina dressing. But you could totally use Ranch dressing instead of Catalina. I didn’t add it to this one, but corn is also a good addition as well as avocado.
Dorito Taco salad is a filling salad that is a meal all by itself. If you need to stretch it to serve more people, serve it with a few cheese quesadillas.
More Main Dish Salads
Dorito Taco Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced or chopped into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 bottle Catalina dressing
- 2 cups crushed Doritos
- sour cream
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large nonstick skillet. Add taco seasoning and water and cook and stir until thickened. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, bell pepper, red onion, beans, black olives, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Add desired amount of Catalina dressing. I add about 1/2 a cup. Mix in.
- Add Doritos and mix them in. Serve immediately, adding a spoonful of sour cream to each serving, if desired.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.