Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole is full of chopped chicken, black beans, Rotel tomatoes, and cheese with lots of crunch from crushed Dorito chips. One of my very favorite Mexican casseroles!
If your family likes the flavor of Mexican food but is a little tired of taco night, this comfort food casserole is just the thing to try. It’s perfect for a potluck or having friends over. Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole really feeds a crowd and it’s pretty much an all in one meal.
This is pretty much a dump and go recipe. You do need to saute the onion briefly to soften it, but then you just mix all the ingredients together. Put the mixture in a 9X13-inch pan, layering it with crushed Dorito chips and shredded cheese. Just 30 minutes in the oven and you’re ready to eat.
There is so much cheesy, crunchy goodness in this casserole.
Recipe Notes For Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Most of the spice comes from the 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes. Use hot Rotel tomatoes if you want it really spicy, regular for a little kick, and mild Rotel if you don’t want it spicy.
- Use rotisserie chicken to make this meal a breeze to make.
- Ranch Doritos can be used instead of Nacho.
More Spicy Casseroles
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken, I use a rotisserie chicken
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10-ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 regular size bag nacho Dorito chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add cream cheese,chicken, soup, tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, and cumin.
- Stir until cream cheese is melted and everything is blended together.
- Add 1/3 of Doritos into a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour 1/2 of chicken mixture on top and spread it evenly.
- Top with 1/2 the shredded cheese and then remaining chicken mixture.
- Finish off with remaining Dorito chips and shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.