Jalapeno Tuna Noodle Casserole has a nice spicy kick. It’s super creamy and cheesy and loaded with jalapenos. The crushed jalapeno-flavored potato chip topping is my favorite part.
This recipe is super easy to make. It’s a pretty standard Tuna Casserole recipe that is really kicked up in flavor and heat with jalapenos. A couple of cans of canned soup make it really creamy.
How To Make Jalapeno Tuna Noodle Casserole:
- Cook the pasta. Be sure to salt the water.
- Stir together all ingredients (except topping ingredients) in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chips and reserved cheddar cheese on top and bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Any pasta shape can be used for this recipe. I like cavatappi, but elbows or shells work well too.
- For extra spice, you can replace half the cheddar cheese with Pepper Jack cheese.
- I love peas in Tuna Noodle Casserole, but you can leave them out or replace them with green beans.
- If you can’t find jalapeno-flavored potato chips, you can use regular potato chips.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days but the potato chip topping will get soggy.
Be sure to try this From Scratch Tuna Noodle Casserole if you don’t like using canned soups.
- 12 ounces Cavatappi pasta, or any pasta shape
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6.4-ounce) pouches water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups jalapeno kettle chips, coarsley crushed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta to al dente in salted water according to package directions. Drain.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together both condensed soups, sour cream, milk, peas, jalapenos, pepper, and salt.
- Stir in tuna and cheddar cheese.
- Stir in pasta and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle the chips and cheddar cheese on top. Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.