Jalapeno Tuna Noodle Casserole has a nice spicy kick. It’s super creamy and cheesy and loaded with jalapenos. The crushed jalapeno-flavored potato chip topping is my favorite part.
This recipe is super easy to make. It’s a pretty standard Tuna Casserole recipe that is really kicked up in flavor and heat with jalapenos. A couple of cans of canned soup make it really creamy.
How To Make Jalapeno Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Cook the pasta. Be sure to salt the water.
- Stir together all ingredients (except topping ingredients) in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chips and reserved cheddar cheese on top and bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Any pasta shape can be used for this recipe. I like cavatappi, but elbows or shells work well too.
- For extra spice, you can replace half the cheddar cheese with Pepper Jack cheese.
- I love peas in Tuna Noodle Casserole, but you can leave them out or replace them with green beans.
- If you can’t find jalapeno-flavored potato chips, you can use regular potato chips.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days but the potato chip topping will get soggy.
Be sure to try this From Scratch Tuna Noodle Casserole if you don’t like using canned soups.
More Tuna Recipes
Watch The Short Video Below To See How Easy This Recipe Is To Make.
Jalapeno Tuna Noodle Casserole
Jalapeno Tuna Noodle Casserole has a nice spicy kick. It's super creamy and cheesy and loaded with jalapenos. The crushed jalapeno-flavored potato chip topping is my favorite part.
- 12 ounces Cavatappi pasta, or any pasta shape
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6.4-ounce) pouches water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups jalapeno kettle chips, coarsley crushed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta to al dente in salted water according to package directions. Drain.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together both condensed soups, sour cream, milk, peas, jalapenos, pepper, and salt.
- Stir in tuna and cheddar cheese.
- Stir in pasta and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle the chips and cheddar cheese on top. Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.
6 thoughts on “Jalapeno Tuna Noodle Casserole”
Because it is so delicious, I have made it twice. Tuna casserole is taken to a whole new level with this recipe.
Explore Thulasi Thambiah’s board “tamil motivational quotes for success” on Pinterest. See more ideas about tamil motivational quotes, photo album quote,
This is the second time I’ve made it because it is SO GOOD!!!! This recipe takes tuna casserole to a whole new level!!!
Outstanding! I’ve been disappointed with every other tuna casserole recipe I have tried over the past couple of years. They never live up to my expectations but I now think that is because my tastes have matured. The jalapeno gives just the right amount of kick for a very satisfying meal.
FINALLY a tuna casserole for grown ups! Flavorful and sooooo devoured by everyone! Wow, a keeper for sure!!!!!
Omg…delish!!!! Hubby and I enjoyed so much!!!! What a great Twist to Tuna Noodle Cassarole😁😁😁😁😁
The recipe you share is so easy, I think it’s easy for everyone to be able to . https://candycrush-saga.com