Mandarin Broccoli Salad is both sweet and tangy with lots of crunch. This colorful salad makes a great addition to a cookout or potluck and can be made ahead of time for ease and convenience.
In fact, it should be made at least an hour ahewad of time so it has time to chill and the flavors can blend a little bit. So refreshing on a hot day!
This easy side salad is a combination of fresh broccoli florets, canned mandarin oranges, red onion, craisins, and toasted pecans or almonds all tossed together in a simple dressing made from mayonnaise, sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
Tips For Making Mandarin Broccoli Salad:
- Mix the nuts in just before serving so they don’t get soggy.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two. The broccoli pieces get a little less crisp as time goes by, but it is still delicious. After 2 days the broccoli will get limp and the dressing will be watery.
- As is, this recipe is a great vegetarian side, but bacon can be added for extra flavor and saltiness.
- Raisins can be used instead of Craisins.
- Cut the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces. It’s much easier to eat than if you leave the florets larger in size.
- Add a little black pepper if you wish.
- I don’t like to make this dish spicy. I think it tastes better just sweet and tangy but you can add apinch or two of cayenne pepper if you want a little heat.
Try These Other Side Dishes and Salads That Are Perfect for Potlucks:
- Seven-Layer Salad
- Carrot Raisin Salad
- Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- Creamy Italian Cucumber Salad
Mandarin Broccoli Salad
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup Craisins
- 1/2 cups toasted chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Combine broccoli, red onion, oranges, and craisins in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Add pecans or almonds just before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.