Curried Potato Salad is a creamy potato salad with lots of Indian spice. If you are a curry lover, you will be a huge fan of this potato salad. It’s bursting with spice flavor.
To make Curried Potato Salad you can start with either baby yellow (Yukon Gold) potatoes or red potatoes. Boil them in salted water until tender. It’s very important to not forget to salt the water. You want to add at least 2 teaspoons of salt to the water so that your potatoes taste seasoned rather than plain and boring.
Cut the potatoes into quarters and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar while still warm. This is going to add a little tang and really perk up the flavor. You could use apple cider vinegar or even rice vinegar if you don’t have white wine vinegar.
Hard boil 5 eggs and slice them and add them to a large bowl with the potatoes.
Make the creamy dressing which is a simple mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, and sugar. Stir it into the potatoes. Add the sliced red onion and chopped fresh cilantro. You want to refrigerate this Curried Potato Salad for at least 1 hour before serving to let the flavors blend.
This potato salad goes great with grilled chicken kabobs.
More Potato Salad Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad
- Southern Potato Salad
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Loaded Ranch Potato Salad
Curried Potato Salad
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt. Boil until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. Let cool a few minutes and then quarter them while still hot. Place in a large bowl and drizzle vinegar over them. Let sit to cool.
- Place eggs in a small pan and cover with an inch of water. Bring water to a boil and then boil for 8 minutes. Drain. Hit each egg on the side of the pot several times to crack the shell place eggs in a bowl of ice water. When cool, peel the eggs and cut them into slices.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, sugar and curry powder.
- Add to bowl with potatoes along with egg, onion, and cilantro. Stir to mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.