Bacon Potato Salad is an ultra creamy potato salad with lots of crumbled bacon. Perfect for your next cookout.
With a blend of mayonnaise and sour cream as its base, this creamy potato salad is super tasty. There’s chopped celery, diced pimentos, green onions, and paprika for added flavor. It’s a simple potato salad with the smoky flavor of bacon really taking center stage.
Bacon and potatoes are a natural combination. I mean, what doesn’t taste better with bacon?
If you wanted to simplify things, you could use a packet of bacon bits instead of cooking bacon.
I make potato salad all summer long. It is my favorite picnic and cookout side. I love it with fried chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and bbq. Usually I’m disappointed with store-bought and restaurant potato salads. They rarely have enough flavor. Scroll down for a list of yummy potato salads.
This potato salad keeps ingredients to a minimum but there is still a whole lot of flavor.
Bacon Potato Salad Recipe Tips:
- I use russet potatoes, but red potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes could be used instead and they don’t have to be peeled.
- For best flavor and seasoning, add salt to the water you boil the potatoes in.
- If you want to make this potato salad spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Cover well with plastic wrap.
Subscribe to our YOUTUBE Channel for lots of short cooking videos.
More Delicious Potato Salad Recipes To Try:
- Southern Potato Salad
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Creole Potato Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad
- Caesar Potato Salad
- Loaded Ranch Potato Salad
Bacon Potato Salad
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos, drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Once potatoes have cooled slightly add to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture. Stir to coat the potatoes.
- Stir in celery, green onions, pimentos, and bacon.Check for seasoning and add more salt if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.