Don’t miss the GIVEAWAY at the bottom of this post! #SimplyHolidays
Bacon and Potato Quiche is easy to whip up and makes a great addition to a holiday brunch. Roasted potatoes and onion combine with bacon to make a hearty and delicious quiche filling. A combination of Swiss cheese and cheddar cheese gives this quiche just the right amount of cheese flavor. Bacon and Potato Quiche is easy to make partially or fully in advance and leftovers can be eaten warmed in the microwave or straight out of the refrigerator for an easy meal on a hectic day.
I’ve always been a huge fan of quiche. What’s not to love about a savory pie with a buttery crust and a cheesy filling?
I’m always looking for ways to keep the holidays simple. Meals that can be prepared ahead of time and that make great leftovers can really help you get the most out of the holiday season. The less time spent cooking and meal planning, the more time for family games, decorating, Christmas caroling, visiting friends, and shopping for gifts.
This Bacon and Potato Quiche is extra easy to prepare thanks to Simply Potatoes® which are made from fresh, never frozen potatoes. They really help cut down on time spent preparing a meal since they’ve already been peeled and chopped for you.
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes can be roasted in the oven or pan-fried to serve as a side for breakfast or dinner, or you can add them to your favorite recipe.
You may not typically think of adding potatoes to a quiche, but they taste so good, especially when combined with bacon.
I always bake a few quiches during the holidays when my kids are out of school. They tend to sleep in and be on their own clock and having a quiche in the fridge means I don’t have to worry about what they are going to eat when they wake up. And I love that quiche works equally well for breakfast , lunch, brunch, or dinner.
This recipe makes 1 9-inch quiche, but you can easily double the recipe and make two. They will keep refrigerated for 3 to 5 days.
Making some dishes in advance is just one of the things I do to help make the holidays less stressful. I also like to stock up on a variety of drinks and snacks for those unexpected guests and I like to have a few fun activities planned. Ice skating, Christmas caroling, family movie night or game night are all great ways to make memories. I also love to do a craft night and have everyone make an ornament for the Christmas tree.
Bacon and Potato Quiche
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 a (20-ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add potatoes, cover, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp the edges with your fingers or a fork. Cover with a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place pie weights or dried beans on top. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil and pie weights and bake another 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Scatter half or potato/onion mixture and half of bacon over bottom of pie crust. Top with half of cheese. Repeat layers,
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Place quiche in oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes before slicing.
To enter leave a comment letting us know your favorite tip for a stress-free holiday. Only US Residents. No PO Boxes. Entries close December 20, 2016.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.