BLT Quiche is full of salty bacon, cherry tomatoes, fresh spinach, cheddar and feta cheese. So easy to make and it has all the flavors of a BLT Sandwich.
I use a frozen deep dish pie crust for convenience. The quiche only needs about 40 minutes to bake. Tastes great served cold or warm and can be eaten for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Quiche is one of my favorite foods to cook and they are so easy to make. Great for using up the odds and ends in your refrigerator. They are economical and leftovers can easily be reheated.
Let the quiche cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Quiche goes great with a fruit salad, especially a Creamy Fruit Salad.
BLT Quiche Recipe Tips:
If you don’t have half-and-half, you can use a mixture of milk and heavy cream.
If you don’t like Feta Cheese, use Parmesan cheese instead.
I don’t pre-bake the pie crust. A soft bottom on a quiche does not bother me in the least. If you want the bottom to be less soft, blind bake the crust before adding the filling. To do this, cover the pie crust with aluminum foil or parchment paper and place pie weights or dried beans on top. Bake for 8 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Remove the foil and weights and place back in the oven for another 5 to 7 minutes.
If you do pre-bake he crust, it may get too brown when you bake the quiche. Check it halfway through the cooking time and cover the edges with strips of foil if it is getting too brown.
A refrigerated or homemade pie crust can be used instead of a frozen pie crust.
Try These Other Delicious Quiche Recipes:
- Denver Omelet Quiche
- Bacon and Potato Quiche
- Jalapeno Popper Quiche
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Caramelized Onion and Bacon Quiche
- Muffaletta Quiche
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or quartered if they are larger
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper, and geeen onions. Set aside.
- Scatter bacon, spinach and tomatoes in the pie crust. Top with the cheddar cheese and feta cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.