Bacon Maple Monkey Bread is gooey and sweet with salty pieces of bacon throughout. Made with refrigerated biscuit dough, this easy to make Monkey Bread has a delicious mix of sweet and salty. It is wonderful for holidays and brunches.
Monkey Bread is a big favorite at our house. If you’ve never made it before, it’s made from small balls of dough (refrigerated biscuits in this case), usually coated in cinnamon sugar and baked together in a Bundt cake pan.
It can be assembled ahead of time, making it perfect for holiday entertaining.
For this Bacon Maple Monkey Bread, each biscuit gets quartered and dipped in bacon grease. (Because if you’re going to fry up some bacon, you’d might as well use the grease.)
Then they are coated in cinnamon-sugar and layered in a well-greased Bundt pan with crumbled bacon. Lots of crumbled bacon. 🙂
A mixture of melted butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup gets poured over the top. This mixture seeps into all the nooks and crannies and makes the baked Monkey Bread so gooey, sweet, and delicious.
- 10-12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled and bacon grease reserved
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (16-ounce) tubes refrigerated biscuit dough, each biscuit cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-low until it melts. Add brown sugar and cook and stir until it dissolves. Stir in maple syrup and set aside.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large ziptop bag.
- Scatter about 1/3 of bacon in bottom of bundt pan.
- Dip each biscuit piece in bacon grease (just one side is fine) and then place in ziptop bag and shake in sugar mixture. Only do about 6-8 pieces at a time.
- Place half of sugar-coated pieces in Bundt pan and then scatter 1/2 the remaining bacon on top.
- Place the rest of the biscuit pieces in the bundt pan and scatter remaining bacon on top.
- Slowly drizzle melted butter mixture on top, evenly distributing it.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a serving dish. Note: let monkey bread cool too long before removing it from pan and it will stick.
More Monkey Bread Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.