Crock Pot Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole is a gooey and delicious fall breakfast or brunch. So easy to make!
Refrigerated cinnamon rolls and canned apple pie filling combine to make a super easy breakfast casserole.
Because it’s so easy, this Crock Pot Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole makes a great Christmas brunch recipe. As a bonus, it makes the house smell wonderful.
To make this yummy crock pot casserole, you’ll take 2 tubes of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and cut each one in quarters. Place half of them in the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon about 3/4 cup of apple pie filling over them.
Add the remaining cinnamon rolls evenly on top.
Whisk together 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of half-and-half, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls. Spoon the remaining apple pie filling evenly on top.
Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Spread the cinnamon roll icing on top and serve warm.
Tips for making:
- You will want to use at least a 6-quart crock pot. If you use a smaller one, the center will not get cooked.
- Crock pots can vary greatly in how hot they get and how quick (or slow) they cook the food. Get to know your crock pots for best results. Cooking times are estimates.
- If you like a gooey center in your cinnamon rolls, you will love the center of this casserole. If you don’t like them gooey, you will have to cook it longer and you run the risk of the outside burning a little if your crock pot runs hot.
More Crock Pot Breakfast Recipes:
Crock Pot Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 2 tubes refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 1/2 cups apple pie filling, I like to cut the apple slices into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut each cinnamon roll in 4 pieces.
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place half the cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Spoon half the apple pie filling on top of the cinnamon rolls as evenly as possible.
- Top with remaining cinnamon rolls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour mixture on top of cinnamon rolls.Spoon remaining apple pie filling on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Spread the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls on top of the casserole and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
24 thoughts on “Crock Pot Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole”
A wonderful casserole
This was delicious. I brought to a party this weekend, came home with none.
First…This recipe was so simple to make and the taste was awesome. My son ate half of it the first day! With ice cream!!! However, I struggled to get the center down. The rolls were still raw. I know it’s not my crock pot. I ended up cooking for almost 5 hours going from Low to High for the last hour. Did anyone else have this problem? Or did you just eat the rolls raw?
Followed directions and it turned our really soggy. I think it would have been better if I baked it in oven.
All I have is a 4 at. crock-pot, how do I cut the recipe for the apple cinnamon roll casserole?
If you have a large crockpot, go with 3-4 rolls of cinnamon rolls! I had two and it barely covered the bottom layer! I also used the walmart brand so that may have been a factor too?
Sadly was not impressed. Bottom burned and top did not cook fully.
Followed recipe to the “T” except for adding 1 more tspn. vanilla. Cooked for about 2 3/4 hrs. on low. Friends RAVED about how great it was (I was lazy and didn’t cut the apples into smaller pieces. Didn’t matter). I did a somewhat reheat under the oven broiler just to add a little bubble to the top. So easy and so delicious!
Made it amazing
If you don’t have half and half or heavy cream, how about ice cream ?? It has heavy cream in it or half and half ??
Do you use the long skinny tube or shorter fat tube of cinnamon rolls? Seems like a lot of liquid to pour over it. It doesn’t get mushy? It looks delicious. I have it in the crackpot now but I’m worried it will be soggy.
This recipe was so easy to make and was absolutely delicious! I will be making this again! An added plus, your house smells wonderful too!
I just put this entire casserole together and timer is on ! Looks delicious..if a hit,my pastor son will be tasting it on his favorite holiday Thanksgiving. Be back soon for the final answer.
Can this recipe be made in the oven rather than a crock pot? It really looks delicious!!! Thanks
Yes for 45 min
Can this be prepared the night before and cooked the next morning?
Instead of half and half would whole milk work too or an alternative?
Can you double this recipe for a larger family/crowd?
I have a 4qt Crockpot, how can I modify this to work in it
I have a tall 6qt crockpot so I cut the recipe in 1/2 so it would work, that would probably work the same for a 4qt.
I made this last night and it’s very good !
Can u use a slow cooker
Yes a crock pot & a slow cooker are the same thing