Crock Pot Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole is a gooey and delicious fall breakfast or brunch. So easy to make!
How To Serve
Refrigerated cinnamon rolls and canned apple pie filling combine to make a super easy breakfast casserole.
Because it’s so easy, this Crock Pot Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole makes a great Christmas brunch recipe. As a bonus, it makes the house smell wonderful. Top it with vanilla ice cream and serve for dessert. Yum!
How To Make Crock Pot Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole
To make this yummy crock pot casserole, you’ll take 2 tubes of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and cut each one in quarters. Place half of them in the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon about 3/4 cup of apple pie filling over them.
Add the remaining cinnamon rolls evenly on top.
Whisk together 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of half-and-half, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls. Spoon the remaining apple pie filling evenly on top.
Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Spread the cinnamon roll icing on top and serve warm.
- You will want to use at least a 6-quart crock pot. If you use a smaller one, the center will not get cooked.
- Crock pots can vary greatly in how hot they get and how quick (or slow) they cook the food. Get to know your crock pots for best results. Cooking times are estimates.
- If you like a gooey center in your cinnamon rolls, you will love the center of this casserole. If you don’t like them gooey, you will have to cook it longer and you run the risk of the outside burning a little if your crock pot runs hot.
How To Store
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days and can be reheated in a microwave.
More Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipes
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bites
- Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Bake
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake– very similar to this recipe, but made in the oven.
- Cinnamon-Peach Bread Pudding
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
More Crockpot Breakfast Recipes
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 2 tubes refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 1/2 cups apple pie filling, I like to cut the apple slices into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut each cinnamon roll in 4 pieces.
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place half the cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Spoon half the apple pie filling on top of the cinnamon rolls as evenly as possible.
- Top with remaining cinnamon rolls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour mixture on top of cinnamon rolls.Spoon remaining apple pie filling on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Spread the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls on top of the casserole and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted October 21, 2019.