Spicy Crock Pot Brunch Casserole is full of sausage, eggs, hash browns, and cheese and has a spicy kick to it.
How To Serve Spicy Crock Pot Brunch Casserole
Spicy Crock Pot Brunch Casserole would be perfect for Easter or a weekend Brunch. It feeds a crowd and can be kept warm in the crock pot if not everyone is eating at the same time. A holiday doesn’t go by without me making at least 1 dish in my crock pot. It helps free up oven space for other things. Plus nothing is better than waking up to an already made hot breakfast.
This Spicy Crock Pot Brunch Casserole is full of sausage, eggs, hash browns, and cheese and it is super filling.
Make It Spicy
Gotta make it spicy!
I used hot sausage and a few shakes of Tabasco sauce to spice it up, plus some Pepper Jack cheese. Crock pot brunch casseroles can be a little bland if you’re not careful, so I say go heavy on the spice. 🙂
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- 6-Quart Slow Cooker- I love this Hamilton Beach 6qt Slow Cooker.
You can use bacon instead of sausage if you like, or you could use leftover Easter ham to make a breakfast casserole the day after Easter.
Hash Browns taste infinitely better if they are seasoned well so be sure to give them a sprinkling of salt and pepper as you spread them out in the crock pot.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Crockpot Grits
- Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Casserole
- Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- Crock Pot Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 pound hot ground sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 (26 to 32-ounce) frozen hash browns
- salt and pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 to 4 shakes hot sauce, I like Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large nonstick pan, cook sausage onion, and red pepper until sausage is no longer pink, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain fat.
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray or use a crock pot liner. Layer half the hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Top with half the sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle half the cheese and half the green onions on top of the sausage.
- Spread remaining hash browns on top of cheese and season with salt and pepper. Spread the remaining sausage mixture on top of hash browns.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over casserole. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 1/2 to 8 hours or until eggs are set.
- Top with remaining cheese and green onion. Let sit until cheese melts.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.