Slow Cooker Monkey Bread is crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, and drenched in an easy caramel sauce with pecans.
Wonderfully sweet with lots of caramel flavor. With this recipe, you can have Monkey Bread without even turning your oven on.
Super easy to make with Pillsbury Grands Biscuits.
At our house, it isn’t Christmas morning without Monkey Bread. It is one of our most looked forward to traditions. Scroll down to see more of my favorite Monkey Bread recipes.
As much as I love Monkey Bread in a bundt pan, I love it in the slow cooker even more. The outside gets wonderfully crispy and golden and the center stays a little doughy and gooey. There’s no need to worry about Monkey Bread drying out in the slow cooker. It steams a little as it cooks which keeps the whole thing soft except the edges.
Slow Cooker Monkey Bread Recipe Tips:
- The cooking time for this recipe can vary a great deal based on your slow cooker and how it cooks. Check it after 1 hour 30 minutes and then every so often.
- You can prep the recipe the night before. Just combine the biscuit pieces, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans in a ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight. In the morning all you have to do is mix in the melted butter and make the butter/sugar mixture to pour on top.
- It’s best if you line your crock pot with parchment paper. Not only does it make it easy to remove the monkey bread and clean-up is a breeze, it adds a protective barrier and helps prevent the edges from getting overcooked.
- Will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days and can be reheated in the microwave or oven.
Be sure to try this Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole.
Try These Other Monkey Bread Recipes:
Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup salted butter, divided
- 2 (16.3-ounce) tubes Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut each biscuit in 4 pieces and add to the bowl. Toss to coat in the cinnamon sugar.
- Melt 1/2 a cup of the butter and drizzle it into the bowl. Add the pecans and stir to mix the butter in.
- Line a 4-quart slow cooker with parchment paper. Place half the biscuit mixture in the slow cooker.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of butter and stir in the remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar. Drizzle half this mixture over the biscuit pieces in the slow cooker.
- Top with the remaining biscuit piece mixture and drizzle the remaining butter mixture on top.
- Place a double layer of paper towels over the top of the slow cooker and place the lid on. Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until set in the middle. Note: the center will stay a little bit gooey.
- Let cool in the slow cooker for 10 minutes and then remove and invert onto a serving platter.
- To make caramel sauce, heat butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream in a small saucepan until the butter melted. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove form heat and stir in vanilla, salt, and pecans, Let cool slightly and then pour over monkey bread.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.