Say hello to Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole. AKA the most delicious way to eat cinnamon rolls ever. It only takes mintues to prep and cooks up crispy around the edges and gooey in the middle.
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole gets a little bit crispy around the edges but stays a little gooey in the center so you get the best of both worlds.
As a child my brother’s favorite breakfast was Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. My mother would make them for him all the time.
This recipe is so easy to make using those same refrigerated cinnamon rolls. Each unbaked cinnamon roll is cut in quarters and mixed with an egg, maple syrup, and half-and-half mixture. Almost like a cinnamon roll bread pudding.
I adapted the recipe somewhat, using one less egg, a little more nutmeg, half-and-half instead of whipping cream, and I added a few pecans.
The result is a super delicious breakfast casserole that is perfect for the holidays. Or any day. 🙂
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Facebook.
Watch the short video below to see how to make this recipe.
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 2 (12-ounce) tubes cinnamon roll dough, each one cut in quarters
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Spray a 6-quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place cinnamon roll quarters evenly in crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly pour on top of cinnamon rolls.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Spoon one of the containers of icing that came with the cinnamon rolls on top.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If your crock pot runs hot, check after 3 hours. Cinnamon rolls should be golden brown along the edge and no longer gooey in the middle.
- Once done, turn crock pot off and spoon second container of icing on top. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Recipes That Crock
This recipe was originally published December 30, 2016.
More Slow Cooker Breakfast Favorites
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.