Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls are buttery and tender and perfectly quick and easy to make. No yeast or rising needed.
These delicious cinnamon rolls can be made in just 40 minutes. Perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Covered in a sugary glaze, these cinnamon rolls are lick your fingers good. You only need a handful of ingredients, all of which you probably have on hand, except maybe the buttermilk. I always have buttermilk on hand. Between making biscuits and pancakes, I use it weekly.
Why Use Buttermilk?
Buttermilk is perfect for baking. It creates tender baked goods with just a hint of tang that goes so well with sweet treats. Because it is thicker than milk, it creates richer tasting baked goods and its acidity helps activate leavener leading to a higher rise.
- Biscquick Baking Mix
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Powderd Sugar
- Heavy Cream (milk or half-and-half can be used instead)
- Vanilla Extract
Bisquick is such a convenient ingredient to have on hand and it greatly reduces the prep time for these Cinnamon Rolls. I love using Bisquick as a shortcut for making quick and easy dinners like these Deep Dish Taco Squares. It can also be used to make Deep-Fried Cookie Dough. You won’t find a more indulgent treat.
There is no yeast in these cinnamon rolls, but they still bake up wonderfully light and tender.
Bisquick Cinnamon Roll Recipe Tips
- If the cinnamon rolls are getting too browned on top before the middle is done, cover them with aluminum foil.
- Don’t overmix the dough.
Try These Other Cinnamon Roll Recipes
- Giant Cinnamon Roll
- Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket
- Sausage Cinnamon Rolls
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bites
- 2 3/4 cups Bisquick mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch pie pan or cake pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together Bisquick, sugar, and buttermilk just until a dough forms. If there is still some dry bisquick, add a little more buttermilk.
- Sprinkle flour on a pastry mat, counter, or a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out into about an 8×12-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon. Add 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and mix it in.
- Brush the rest of the melted butter on the dough.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough up jellyroll style starting at a long end.
- Use dental floss or a sharp knife to cut into 8 slices.
- Place the rolls in the prepared pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the centers of the rolls are no longer gooey.
- To make glaze, whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add more cream if needed to thin it.
- Drizzle glaze on cinnamon rolls.