Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket- only 3 ingredients needed to make this simple and tasty breakfast treat. The combination of sweet and savory is a real winner! Great for sleep overs and holiday brunches.
All you need is a tube of Grands Cinnamon Rolls (found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store), sausage links and maple syrup.
You’ll unroll each cinnamon roll into a long rope. Then you’ll cut each one into 2 shorter pieces. Since a tube of Grands cinnamon rolls contains 5 rolls, you’ll end up with 10 Pigs in a Blanket.
Next you’ll wrap each piece of cinnamon roll around a sausage link. You can either use precooked sausage links or cook some sausage links and let them cool to room temperature.
Place the wrapped sausages on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
While they bake, take the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls and put it in a small microwave-safe bowl with 2 teaspoons of maple syrup. Microwave for 10 seconds and stir them together. When the Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket come out of the oven, drizzle them with the icing.
Serve with extra maple syrup for a dynamite breakfast treat that can be made in under 30 minutes!
Best eaten right away but can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas:
Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 10 sausage links, cooked or uncooked
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If sausage links are uncooked, cook them according to package directions and then let cool. If they are precooked, no need to cook them or even heat them.
- Unroll each cinnamon roll so that they look like pieces of rope. Cut each one in half.
- Wrap each piece of cinnamon roll around a sausage. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the maple syrup in a microwave-safe bowl with the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls. Microwave for 10 seconds and stir to mix well.
- When the Pigs in a Blanket come out of the oven, drizzle them with the maple syrup mixture and serve.