Bacon Stuffed French Toast is the ultimate sweet and savory breakfast. If you are of the belief that everything tastes better with bacon, you are going to love this recipe!
Two pieces of white bread are spread with a mixture of cream cheese and brown sugar. Next, a couple of pieces of crispy bacon are sandwiched in between.
The “French Toast Sandwich” is dipped in a mixture of eggs and milk and then cooked until golden on each side.. Drizzle with maple syrup and you have a breakfast like no other.
I love the way salty bacon tastes with sweet foods like in this Maple Bacon Monkey Bread.
The salty/sweet flavor combination is hard to beat. There’s nothing like a good contrast to wake up your taste buds.
This Bacon Stuffed French Toast recipe works best with stale bread so it’s perfect for using up the second half of that loaf of bread you bought last week. If your bread is still pretty fresh, remove it from the bag and set it out on the counter for an hour or so to dry out some.
Just use a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of bread. Just enough to help seal the two pieces of bread together. Use too much and it will taste soggy.
Try These Other French Toast Recipes:
- Bananas Foster French Toast
- Waffled French Toast
- Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast
- Crunchy French Toast
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 slices white bread, preferably stale
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons butter
- vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and brown sugar. Spread one side of each slice of bread with cream cheese mxiture
- Sandwich 2 slices of bacon between 2 pieces of bread with the cream cheese side facing in. Repeat for remaining slices of bread to make a total of four.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Dip each French toast "sandwich" in egg mixture. Try to only get the egg mixture on the exterior of each piece of bread and not let it soak through to the middle where the bacon is or it will turn out soggy, plus any egg that gets in the middle won't really cook.
- Heat a large nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Add butter and a little vegetable oil. Cook each stuffed French toast until golden brown on bottom and then flip over. Add more butter and oil to pan if necessary. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Cut each piece in half and serve with maple syrup.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published June 2. 2017
More French Toast Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.