Crunchy French Toast is coated with a crispy coating of crushed Cornflakes and flavored with cinnamon. This kid-friendly breakfast is sure to be a new family favorite.
Serve it with fresh fruit and some maple syrup for an amazing homemade breakfast. It makes a great weekend breakfast but it is quick and easy enough to whip up for a weekday breakfast, especially if you do a little prep work the night before.
Tips for making Crunchy French Toast:
- Use thick slices of bread. If you can’t get a loaf of challah bread and slice it yourself, use Texas toast or a sturdy bread like Sara Lee Artisan bread.
- To prevent the French Toast from being soggy, just briefly dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture. I know alot of recipes say to really soak it, but I find this is a bad idea when using thick slices.
- Be sure you don’t have the heat too high. The cornflakes burn easily.
- For a fun twist, try using crushed fruity pebbles.
More French Toast Recipes:
- S’mores French Toast
- Bacon Stuffed French Toast
- Apple Pie French Toast Casserole
- Bananas Foster French Toast
- Waffled French Toast
- Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast
Subscribe to our YOUTUBE Channel for lots of short cooking videos.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 4 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes cereal
- 8 slices challah bread, about 1-inch thick
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Place crushed cornflakes in a pie plate or shallow dish.
- Dip 3 pieces of bread in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Press both sides of egg coated bread in cornflakes.
- Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cornflake-coated bread and cook until golden on both sides.
- Repeat with 3 more slices of bread, 2 more tablespoons of butter, followed by the remaining 2 pieces of bread and about 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Want to Save This Recipe?