This Giant Cinnamon Roll is made from a soft and pillowy homemade dough with a pecan/cinnamon/brown sugar filling and a cream cheese glaze. Instead of making individual rolls, one giant roll is baked in a 9-inch pie pan. You get lots of that gooey, soft interior by baking it this way and it looks really impressive.
There’s nothing not to love about this Giant Cinnamon Roll. Bigger is better right? Plus a giant cinnamon roll means a giant gooey center. That’s my favorite part.
This Giant Cinnamon Roll is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. It’s super fun and kids will think it’s the most awesome cinnamon roll ever!
To make this Cinnamon Roll, the dough is cut into 2-inch wide strips. Starting at the center of the pie plate they are wrapped around each other. So easy!
The secret to really tender and soft southern baked goods is using White Lily flour. It is more finely ground and lower in protein than regular all-purpose flour. If you can’t find White Lily flour, try using half cake flour and half regular all-purpose flour.
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes
Tools and products used to make Giant Cinnamon Roll
White Lily Flour– I love to use White Lily Flour for biscuits and pastries. It is made from a soft winter wheat and results in super soft and pillowy baked goods. If you don’t have White Lily Flour, you can use half regular all-purpose flour and half cake flour.
Pastry Cloth– makes it super easy to roll out doughs without any sticking.
Pizza Cutter– use it to cut the dough quickly into strips.
Giant Cinnamon Roll
- 1 (1/4-ounce) packet package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water 110 to 115 degrees
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 110 to 115 degrees, warmed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups White Lily all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and heavy cream until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and salt. Add 3 cups flour, yeast mixture, egg, and melted butter. Stir to mix. Add enough of the remaining 1 cup flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. I find it easiest to use a pastry cloth. You will find the dough hardly sticks at all. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place until doubled, about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Place on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15x12-inch rectangle.
- Spread the 1/4 cup butter over the dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Press them lightly into the dough.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into 2-inch strips.
- Take a strip, roll it up and place in the center of a greased 9-inch pie plate. Wrap remaining strips around it.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cinnamon roll 30 to 40 minutes, until golden.
- Prepare frosting. Using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Transfer to a plastic bag, snip the corner, and drizzle on cinnamon roll.
Want to Save This Recipe?
1 thought on “Giant Cinnamon Roll”
Wow! Looks awesome!