Bourbon Pecan Cinnamon Rolls are the ultimate cinnamon rolls. Wonderfully sticky and gooey. A bourbon flavored caramel sauce with lots of pecans takes them over the top.
Perfect for Christmas morning or any special occasion.
Easy To Make
These cinnamon rolls taste like they were bought at a bakery, but are easy to make at home thanks to a box of Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix. If you can’t find Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix online, you can order it online.
How To Make Bourbon Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Mix together the dough. Combine the hot roll mix, 2 tablespoons softened butter, an egg, and a cup of hot water.
- Knead for 5 minutes and then let rest for 5 minutes.
- Make the bourbon-pecan mixture. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a saucepan and add the brown sugar and corn syrup. As soon as it starts to bubble, stir in the cream, bourbon, and vanilla extract. Add pecans and simmer for 3 minutes. Pour into the bottom of a cast iron pan. Grease the sides of the pan well with butter.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle and spread the softened butter on it.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Roll up the dough and cut into 12 cinnamon rolls. Place rolls in cast iron pan.
- Second Rise. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then invert onto a serving platter. (Careful. This part is a little tricky and can get messy.)
Try These Other Cinnamon Roll Recipes
Bourbon Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Bourbon Pecan Cinnamon Rolls are the ultimate cinnamon rolls. Wonderfully sticky and gooey with a bourbon flavored caramel sauce.
- 1 (16-ounce) box Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup hot water, 115 to 125 degrees
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the box of hot roll mix. Add the 2 tablespoons, the egg, and hot water.Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the 1/2 cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When butter has melted, add 1/4 cup of brown sugar and the corn syrup.Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is starting to bubble.
- Stir in the cream and then the bourbon and vanilla extract.Stir in the pecans and simmer the mixture for about 3 minutes. Pour into the bottom of a large cast iron pan.Rub some butter around the edges of the pan to prevent the rolls from sticking.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 14×12 inches.Spread the 6 tablespoons of softened butter over the dough.
- Combine the remaining 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Starting at the end closest to you, tightly roll the dough into a log. Cut the log into 2 equal pieces and then cut each piece into 6 pieces so that you have 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Place the rolls on top of the pecan mixture in the cast iron pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Once rolls have doubled, bake them for 12 to 15 minutes.Let cool for about 5 minutes and then invert onto a serving platter. (This part is a little messy.)Careful not to let them cool in the pan too long or they will stick.
Recipe adapted from Bsugarmama.com