Made with refrigerated biscuits, this Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread is flavored with bacon, jalapenos, cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Savory monkey bread never tasted so good!
It’s a wonderfully spicy and salty gameday snack or appetizer.
Most people think of monkey bread as being sweet, but yes, savory monkey bread is a thing too. Savory monkey bread is made just the way sweet monkey bread is made, except instead of sugar, there’s savory spices and cheese.
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread
- Cook and crumble the bacon. You can use more or less bacon depending on how much bacon you want.
- Mix together the melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Scatter half the bacon and all of the sliced jalapenos in the bottom of a well-greased Bundt pan.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Roll each one into a ball, coat in cheddar cheese, pressing the cheese into the biscuit so that it adheres well. Dip each one in the butter mixture and place in the bundt pan.
- Once you have half the biscuits in the bundt pan, sprinkle half the jalapenos on top and arrange the cream cheese cubes in a circle. Sprinkle on the remaining bacon and then add the remaining biscuit pieces. Finally, sprinkle on the remaining jalapenos.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes and then let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before you invert it onto a plate.
Above: Add half the biscuit pieces to the pan. Scatter half the diced jalapeno on top.
Above: Arrange the cream cheese pieces in a circle and top with remaining bacon.
Grease the bundt pan really, really well so that the monkey bread doesn’t stick to the pan.
I use canned jalapenos to mix into the monkey bread and I slice a fresh jalapeno and place it in the bottom of the bundt pan so that it decorates the top of the monkey bread. You can use all fresh jalapenos if you wish.
Using freshly shredded cheddar cheese gives this monkey bread the best flavor, but you can use pre-shredded in a pinch.
NOTE: Whenever I place a bundt pan in the oven, I always set it on a rimmed baking sheet just in case there is any overflow. It’s a good habit to form and it has saved me several times from having to clean the bottom of the oven.
Try These Other Amzing Monkey Bread Recipes
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Bacon Maple Monkey Bread
- Chocolate Caramel Monkey Bread
- Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- Cookies and Cream Monkey Bread
- Easy Monkey Bread
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced jalapenos, drained
- cooking spray
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated Grands biscuits, I use Grands Flaky layers
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Cook and crumble the bacon. Set aside.Stir together the butter, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a Bundt pan really well with cooking spray.
- Scatter the sliced jalapenos and half the bacon in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and coat in cheddar cheese, pressing the cheese into the dough. Dip in butter and place half the balls in the Bundt pan to form an even layer.
- Sprinkle half the jalapenos on top of the dough balls.
- Arrange the cream cheese cubes in a circle on top of the dough. You want the pieces to be in the middle and not touch the sides. Sprinkle the remaining bacon on top.
- Arrange the remaining dough pieces to cover the cream cheese.Sprinkle the rest of the jalapenos on top of the dough pieces.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and then invert onto a serving platter.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.