Jalapeno Popper Quiche with bacon and cream cheese is just the quiche when you want something a little spicy.
When you think of spicy foods, you don’t typically think of quiches, but they are perfect for spicing up.
This Jalapeno Popper Quiche has plenty of cheese flavor from cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
And since Jalapeno Poppers usually have cream cheese, I added 4 ounces of softened cream cheese to the filling. It makes the filling all the more creamier and richer.
I used canned jalapeno peppers for the filling. You can use fresh, but they might not soften up all the way unless you roast them first or cook them in a pan until they soften.
I sliced a fresh jalapeno into circles and arranged them on top of the quiche for even more jalapeno flavor.
With lots of heat and plenty of crispy, salty crumbled bacon, this is a spicy quiche you’ll enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
If you’d like to make a homemde Flaky Pie Crust for this quiche, check out this recipe.
Try these other Jalapeno Popper Recipes
Jalapeno Popper Quiche
- 5 slices bacon chopped
- 1 small sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2-3 canned jalapenos, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chopped bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Add onion and cook over medium high heat until onion is soft. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, cream cheese, and half-and-half. (Cream cheese does not have to be smooth, but break it down as much as possible.)
- Stir in chopped canned jalapenos.
- Set aside 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and stir in the rest of cheddar and the Monterey Jack cheese into the egg mixture.
- Season egg mixture to taste with black pepper.
- Stir in onions.
- Scatter bacon pieces on bottom of pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Arrange jalapeno slices on top and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup cheddar cheese that was set aside.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
More Quiche Recipes
Watch the video above to see how to make an Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.