Jalapeno Popper Meatballs are full of jalapeno, bacon, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese. Served over salsa, they make a fantastic spicy appetizer or meal.
These delicious meatballs are baked in the oven until crispy and browned on the outside with gooey melted cream cheese on the inside. There’s tons of southwestern flavors in the meatballs and they are much better served with salsa rather than tomato sauce.
The ground beef mixture is flavored with onion, jalapeno, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and cheddar cheese. Each meatball is stuffed with a piece of cream cheese to give them a creamy filling.
Tips for making Jalapeno Popper Meatballs:
- You can add more or less jalapeno to make these meatballs more or less spicy. Removing the seeds cuts down on the heat.
- Ground turkey or ground pork can be used instead of ground beef.
- Some of the cream cheese will ooze out as the meatballs bake. To minimize this, seal the ground beef mixture around the cream cheese as completely as possible. Even better, partially freeze the cream cheese first. Cut it into cubes and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and toothpicks for an easy gameday snack.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Bacon, cheese, and jalapenos pack these meatballs with tons of flavor!
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
- Jalapeno Popper Guacamole
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pretzel Rolls
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- salsa and chopped cilantro for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix together.
- Divide mixture into 16 portions. Cut cream cheese into 16 pieces. Shape each piece of ground beef mixture around a piece of cream cheese.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and chopped fresh cilantro.
Want to Save This Recipe?
5 thoughts on “Jalapeno Popper Meatballs”
2/6/23-I made these for a large group adult game night that asked for finger foods.. Doubled the recipe and mixed 1lb ground beef and 1lb itailian sausage. Made them and drizzled sweet thai chili sauce on top. Got to the party where there was ALOT of yummy “snacks.” We were there only 20 minutes and went to fill our snack plates and my meatballs were GONE! My husband and I never got to even try them!
Made these with venison and they get rave reviews every time. I did find they stay together better with an egg added.
we loved these, the only difference I did was put them on the pellet smoker for about an hour and a half at 225 deg. Turned out fantastic!
My family loved these! My son is on keto and needs to be gluten free so I used pork rinds instead of bread crumbs and used 1 jalapeño and 1 habanero. Awesome meal!
Making these for folks to watch UGA football this Saturday! You don’t have to reduce the amount of Jalapeno’s to cool them down. Just clean and soak in 7-UP (not diet) for 30 minutes. Helpful tip: Don’t drink the 7-UP after soaking! haha The longer you soak them the milder they get but after 45 minutes it just about max out the heat.