Jalapeno Popper Meatballs are full of jalapeno, bacon, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese. Served over salsa, they make a fantastic spicy appetizer or meal.
These delicious meatballs are baked in the oven until crispy and browned on the outside with gooey melted cream cheese on the inside. There’s tons of southwestern flavors in the meatballs and they are much better served with salsa rather than tomato sauce.
The ground beef mixture is flavored with onion, jalapeno, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and cheddar cheese. Each meatball is stuffed with a piece of cream cheese to give them a creamy filling.
Tips for making Jalapeno Popper Meatballs:
- You can add more or less jalapeno to make these meatballs more or less spicy. Removing the seeds cuts down on the heat.
- Ground turkey or ground pork can be used instead of ground beef.
- Some of the cream cheese will ooze out as the meatballs bake. To minimize this, seal the ground beef mixture around the cream cheese as completely as possible. Even better, partially freeze the cream cheese first. Cut it into cubes and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and toothpicks for an easy gameday snack.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Bacon, cheese, and jalapenos pack these meatballs with tons of flavor!
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
- Jalapeno Popper Guacamole
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pretzel Rolls
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- salsa and chopped cilantro for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix together.
- Divide mixture into 16 portions. Cut cream cheese into 16 pieces. Shape each piece of ground beef mixture around a piece of cream cheese.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and chopped fresh cilantro.