Broccoli Quiche with two kinds of cheese and is such a delicious quiche. It makes a great breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What’s To Love About Quiche?
A quiche is one of my favorite things to make.
- Easy to make. You just need to mix together the filling, pour it in the pie crust and bake.
- Can be made ahead and will stay fresh in the refrigerator for a week.
- Can be eaten cold, room temperature, or warm. It’s that delicious.
- Who can resist a buttery pie crust?
- They are so versatile. You can add pretty much anything to a quiche filling. Scroll down for more quiche recipes.
- Did I say cheese? Cheese with broccoli is a natural combination. This quiche has both cheddar cheese and swiss cheese.
Can Frozen Broccoli Be Used?
Yes. Thaw it and chop it into small pieces. No need to cook it with the onion. Just add directly to the quiche filling.
For ease and convenience, I use a store-bought refrigerated pie crust. I find Pillsbury Pie Crusts taste the best. A frozen pie crust can be used or you can use a homemade pie crust. I really like this Flaky Pie Crust Recipe.
Quiches are great for using up the odds and ends in your refrigerator. You can easily make additions and substitutions to this quiche. Add bacon for some smoky flavor. The addition of 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes will make the quiche spicy. Use mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack cheese instead of swiss. A little parmesan cheese is a great addition and a combination of heavy cream and milk can be used if you don’t have half-and-half.
Storage Of Broccoli Quiche
Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 days. Warm in a toaster oven or microwave.
More Quiche Recipes
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Muffaletta Quiche
- Roasted Sweet Potato Quiche
- Bacon Florentine Quiche
- Bacon and Potato Quiche
- Jalapeno Popper Quiche
- Denver Omelet Quiche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, frozen, refrigerated or homemade
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and broccoli and cook for 3 minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Place broccoli mixture in bottom of pie shell and top with cheeses.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until set in middle.