Denver Omelet Quiche has all the flavor of a Denver Omelet in a buttery pie crust. Makes a great make-ahead recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Ham, onion, bell pepper, and cheese combine to make a delicious quiche.
Quiches are so simple to make and I love them for holiday brunches. They can be made a day or 2 in advance and reheated.
The egg to cheese ratio is just right in this Denver Omelet Quiche. Not too eggy and not too cheesy. I like to chop the ham, onion, and bell pepper up fairly small so there is lots of different flavors in every bite. I use a combination of cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese which gives it plenty of cheesiness. The Monterey Jack cheese is mild and helps tone down the strong flavor of the cheddar cheese.
The filling can be made quickly. The onion and bell peppers just need to be sauteed briefly to get them soft. I use a frozen deep-dish pie crust and prebake it for 5 minutes. Once the filling is poured into the crust, it just needs about 40 minutes in the oven to set.
More Quiche recipes to try:
- Bacon and Potato Quiche
- Jalapeno Popper Quiche– a creamy and spicy quiche that’s perfect for jalapeno lovers!
- Roasted Sweet Potato Quiche– this quiche is perfect for fall
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche– great for using up leftover holiday ham
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick pan melt butter. Add onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, ham, onion mixture, and cheese. Stir to mix. Pour into pie crust.
- Place pie crust on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Want to Save This Recipe?