Jalapeno Popper Corn Frito Salad- this summer side dish is full of corn, cream cheese, diced jalapenos, bacon, and crunchy Frito chips. It’s a spicy version of this Frito Corn Salad and I absolutely love it.
So rich and creamy! It’s basically a dip with the chips mixed in. Great for summer pool parties, cookouts, and barbecues. Potluck sides don’t get any yummier than this.
I love that this dish can be made ahead of time. I hate making things last minute for parties. It’s nice to make a recipe well in advance and know you still have time for a Plan B if you mess it up or discover you don’t have all the ingredients like you thought you did. It happens. Even to me.
What kind of corn to use?
For ease and convenience, I like to use either canned corn or frozen. Both yellow corn and white corn are good. If you want to use fresh corn, that is great too.
JALAPENO POPPER CORN FRITO SALAD RECIPE TIPS:
- This salad should be made at least 1 hour ahead of time. It can be made as much as 8 hours ahead of time. Mix the Fritos in just before serving.
- For extra flavor, try using Chili Cheese or Barbecue flavored Fritos.
- Leftovers will keep for about 3 days, but the Fritos will get soggy. Some people like the way it tastes with soggy Fritos and others hate it.
More Awesome Potluck Salads:
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- Bacon Blue Cheese Broccoli Salad
- Carrot Raisin Salad
- Southern Cornbread Salad
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups frozen or canned corn
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) bag Frito corn chips
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder until cream cheese is completely mixed in.
- If using frozen corn, cook according to pacakge directions. Drain off any water. If using canned corn, drain it well.Add corn, jalapenos, red onion, and shredded cheese. Mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, mix in bacon and half the Fritos.
- Sprinkle additional Fritos on top. Note: You may want to use less than a whole bag of Fritos.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.