Chicken Macaroni Salad is a wonderfully creamy pasta salad that’s perfect for a potluck or cookout. Made with canned chicken, it’s very budget-friendly and easy to make.
With a mayonnaise base, it’s like a delicious blend between pasta salad and chicken salad. This easy Chicken Macaroni Salad also contains sweet pickle relish, hard-boiled eggs, celery, red onion, and red bell pepper. You can leave out any of these ingredients if you don’t care for them.
There’s also a touch of Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar both of which perk up the flavor.
I don’t use canned chicken often, but I think this is a super delicious way to use it.
You don’t have to use canned chicken for this recipe but I find having some canned chicken in the pantry has been so helpful lately with super markets sometimes being low on fresh meat. Rotisserie chicken or any leftover cooked chicken can be used instead or you can swap out the chicken with tuna.
Dill pickle relish can be used instead of sweet pickle relish but I like the slight sweetness the sweet relish gives this pasta salad.
If I’m going to make this Macaroni Salad well in advance, I set aside 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise and mix it in just before serving. It’s much creamier this way.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Try These Other Amazing Pasta Salad Recipes:
- Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
- Creamy and Tangy Pasta Salad
- Spicy Horseradish Pasta Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad
- Tuna Macaroni Salad
Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 3 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni pasta
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sweet relish
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 (12.5-ounce) cans chunk chicken breast, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook macaroni to al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, dijon, relish, and vinegar.
- Add pasta, chicken, hard boiled egg, celery, red onion, red bell pepper, and seasoned salt. Stir to combine.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.