Juicy pork chops covered in a creamy sauce flavored with garlic, sliced mushrooms and spinach. For a tasty family meal, you can’t beat these Creamy Parmesan Pork Chops. And it can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
The sauce covering these pork chops is truly delicious. What I like most about this sauce is the large amount of thick, creamy sauce. It’s great served over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Creamy Parmesan Pork Chops make a filling meal that even the kids will enjoy. Ok, they might pick out the spinach and mushrooms.
I like to use the thick-cut pork chops. They seem to cook up more tender and juicier.
This sauce would also be great with chicken.
If you wanted to add a little heat, just add a few pinches of red pepper flakes.
Not only is the sauce creamy and rich, but it has lots of garlic flavor. I add both a clove of garlic and some garlic powder. Why use both? I think they have totally different flavors. If you have a preference for one over the other, just double up on it and skip the other one.
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 boneless pork chops (thick-cut)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Add vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a large pan. Place over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and place in pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in middle. Remove from pan and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onion to pan. If necessary add a little more oil. Cook until mushrooms are browned and onion is soft. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mushroom/onion mixture to plate with pork chops.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to the pan. Place over medium heat and cook the garlic in the butter for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour into pan. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add Parmesan cheese and spinach leaves. Stir well. Return pork chops and mushroom mixture to pan. Heat through and then serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Adapted from The Recipe Critic
More Pork Chop Dinners